6 – 40 hours weekly
August – October 2018
You will be working in the busy events department of a new media platform.
You will learn to curate and execute successful film festival & screening events in the UK and USA. This job is fixed-term to begin. If it works out, we will offer you a permanent contract.
- Plan events
- Work with stakeholders & vendors
- Maintain contact databases
- Maintain relationships with sponsors & advertisers
- Assist with other duties in an ad-hoc fashion
- Communicate with shortlisted entrants
- Manage online presence
- Announce call to entries via website & social media
- Create partnership opportunities
- Create screening opportunities
- Find & licence movies
- Working knowledge of Google & Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of Excel & Google Sheets
- Working knowledge of social media & forums
- Knowledge of the film industry & film festival circuit
- Love of independent film
- Working laptop
- Experience working in an office environment
- Typing speeds of 35 WPM & up
- Excellent reading & listening skills
Education & Experience
- We prefer candidates who have studied event management, business, or PR.
- At least two years of working within an events department
- At least one year of working within a media/film company
- The position comprises mainly remote working.
- There will be some days working on site at our events in London and at coworking spaces in East London & Brixton.
- Must have a functioning computer and fast internet connection or access to them.
Fields with asterisk (*) required.