Toronto (various WeWork locations)
22 hours a week, 3-month contract with the view to becoming permanent
We’re looking for a community manager who can activate our growing community of FutureFemmes in Toronto. The position will start part-time for a three-month contract and hopefully grow to a full-time, permanent position.
What we can offer (the right candidate):
- Ongoing training
- Access to stream endless films & TV
- Invitations to red carpet events & exclusive film previews
- Bonus structure
- Local and international travel opportunities
You will be working in the busy events department of our film festival. Liaising with the International Festival Manager, you will help curate and execute the festival. You’ll also work on regular networking and Meetup events and FutureFemme magazine features on our Toronto community members.
You’ll manage the Toronto membership community, assuring all members have access to events, exclusive content, and online streaming. You’ll make sure at least one Toronto networking event happens every month.
You’ll work from home or at the WeWork location nearest to you.
- Events management
- Social media management
- Online community management
- Meetup management
- Event hosting
- Event curation
- Basic bookkeeping
- Stakeholder management
You should apply if:
- You think film festivals are the future of exhibition.
- You live on the internet, but enjoy meeting and greeting people IRL too.
- You think teamwork makes the dream work.
- You have a meticulous eye for detail.
- You understand what a MeetUp is.
- You can navigate an Excel spreadsheet in formal dress.
- You can charm the pants off anyone.
- You are a film & TV obsessive.
- You are an overachiever.
- You (think you) understand the way the film & TV industry works.
- You know how to use web searches to learn new skills.
- You are a dedicated lifelong learner.
- You are looking for a new challenge.
- You are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve results.
- You are able to prioritize your workload.
- You enjoy the process and are fixed upon the best end result.
- You think change in Hollywood is long overdue.
- Execute existing film festivals
- Create relationships with stakeholders & vendors
- Create and maintain contact databases
- Maintain relationships with event management aggregator products
- Work with the social media team to promote events
- Research, maintain & develop relationships with sponsors
- Manage a team of interns & volunteers
- Assist with other duties in an ad-hoc fashion
- Communicate with shortlisted entrants
- Manage online presence
- Announce call to entries via website & social media
- Create partnership opportunities with education institutions
- Maintain relationships with local press and advertisers
- Produce P&L budgets and bookkeeping for events
- Manage a community of filmmakers
- Collate feedback on events
- Create reports with suggestions to improve future events
- Manage monthly Meetup and networking events
- Working knowledge of Google & Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of Excel & Google Sheets
- Working knowledge of social media & forums
- Working knowledge of collaboration tools such as Slack & Trello
- Knowledge of the film industry & film festival circuit
- Love of independent film
- Working laptop
- Experience working in an office environment
- Typing speeds of 35 WPM or higher
- Excellent reading & listening skills
- Events management experience
- Experience with Meetups
- Ability to use forums, message boards, and Facebook groups
- Full driving license with own transportation or access to a vehicle
- Undergraduate degree in arts, events management, or marketing OR
- Five years experience working within events management or marketing
- Candidates must be available to commit to at least 22 hours per week.
- Please provide a personal and a work reference with your application.
- Candidates must provide a cover letter alongside their application. Applications without such will not be considered.
- Please include a current resume with links to any relevant personal projects or working projects.
Fields with asterisk (*) required.